Một dự án sâu hơn cái Quả Cầu này là xây dựng một cơ sở lý thuyết vững chắc hơn cho khái niệm “góc nhìn”. Người ta thường nói “luôn giữ cho góc nhìn của mình luôn tươi mới”, “nhìn vấn đề bằng nhiều góc nhìn khác nhau”, “đặt mình vào góc nhìn của người khác”, nhưng góc nhìn bản chất là gì thì vẫn còn mơ hồ. Chính vì mơ hồ như vậy, nên mới có chuyện nói thì dễ làm mới khó. Nghiên cứu này tìm cách trả lời những câu hỏi như:
- Bản chất của góc nhìn là gì?
- Như thế nào thì gọi là có góc nhìn mới?
- Bản chất của việc đặt mình vào góc nhìn của người khác là gì?
- Tại sao hai người luôn bị bất đồng dù cả hai đều có ý tốt cho nhau?
Ưu điểm lớn nhất của lý thuyết này là sự trực quan, vì với những ai đang hoang mang, bối rối, thì một bức tranh hơn ngàn lời nói. Câu tổng kết ngắn gọn của nó là:
Significance of study
Advantages of this model
- Intuitive and imagery. It is simple, so it can be used to explain in therapy, or can connect with folk psychology (“keep a fresh perspective”, “look at the problem in a new perspective”, “put yourself in other’s perspective”, etc)
- Be an intermediate framework to connect with other fields. From my understanding, the most successful model to represent knowledge is connectionism. However, its applications are still limited to purely cognitive problems (e.g. dyslexia), not to problems in other fields. It is hardly to imagine how to apply this model to explain stylistic devices or interpersonal communications.
- Provide new mathematical structure to current models. The new structure in here is plane, which represents perspective. In other models, once a piece of information is regarded as a node, it is always be a node. If it regarded as an edge, it is always be so. More than that, the structure of the network is fixed, even though you can work around it by turning the nodes on or off. However, with plane, you are freely to regard it as node or edge, and the structure is fundamentally changed in each plane.
Here are the questions in the application section the model trying to answer:
- Analogy: Why do analogies help us understand a problem we don’t understand? How to reason with analogy without making logical fallacy?
- Writing: How to explain a concept when the novice really lacks background? What does it mean to have a transformative writing? What does “big picture” really mean?
- Finding the balance point: Why are efforts to be adaptive become maladaptive? Why do wisdom word become clichés? Why is it hard to balance between disciplinary and flexibility? How to stop the indecisiveness without worrying of doing wrong?
- Communication & perspective taking: Why do people keep misunderstand each other? Why do others keep distorting our words? Why don’t we realize that we are distorting theirs? How to solve it when it happens?
- The cold gaze: How to see your core value when your mind is clouded with fantasies, ruminations, resentments, or fears?
- The Taoist texts have been the most important thing I’ve read. This, perhaps the second most important. It’s another way to…the way. It would probably work well for someone who’s read the Tao Te Ching and didn’t quite ‘get it’. I think a lot of people shut out the teachings of the ancient Chinese masters because it sounds “fake deep” or like “hippy shit” or like something a dead meme would say. Personally I find them very profound and easy to understand, but for my very modern thinking friends I may try to introduce them to this instead. Thank you friend.
- I very much like the idea of duality here- the zooming in and out all the way. I like to imagine the duality of man to be the same. Logically we know that the universe is infinite and no amount of human effort could possibly overpower natural forces. The other half of our brain, however, is rooted in emotion and finds attachment to all things in the moment, and defines our place in the moment, creating a sense personal importance and relevancy, or control.
- Movement is a brilliant word to use. I would have to agree with you: my will would be perceiving where a thing-in-itself was; And, where it is going when arriving at meaning–intuition in a word (and some other things).
Mình rất tiếc nếu bạn thấy bài không có giá trị
Xin hãy nói cho mình biết phải cải thiện ở đâu